What is Reiki
The word Reiki roughly translates from Japanese meaning "universal life energy”. Reiki works on the premise that illness or disease are caused by a imbalance or disruption of the body’s energy field or life force, and that illness can be avoided by changing negative energy to positive energy and encouraging it to flow freely throughout the body. This is a very individual holistic treatment which treats the body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing.
What are the benefits of Reiki?
While Reiki can help relieve symptoms of physical, mental and emotional problems including the symptoms of chronic illnesses such as anxiety, insomnia, back pain and arthritis, the most immediate benefits are the feeling of relaxation and wellbeing that is promoted in the client. Reiki can bring about long-term beneficial changes.
What is a Reiki treatment like?
Reiki is a non-intrusive therapy that aids in the reduction of stress and promoting balance and relaxation. Hands are held over or on the body over a sequence of positions to balancing the energy flows in the body. Clients remain fully clothed and the treatment can be done in a seated position or lying down, depending on which is preferred or more comfortable. Everyone has a different experience of Reiki, ranging from no sensations to warmth or prickling, or visualising colours or images. Emotions may be released by the treatment, this is very common. Clients may have different experiences on different occasions depending on their own needs. Whatever you experience the therapy is deeply relaxing and restores harmony to the body. It is recommended that treatments should be between 30 minutes and 90 minutes in duration.
What does a Reiki treatment blend with?
Treatments that blend well with Reiki are:
- Holistic Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Lymphatic Massage
- Chair Massage
- Thai Foot Massage
Complementary Therapies are an aid to the body's natural mechanisms to release stress. To gain maximum benefit from your treatment, it is advisable that you follow this aftercare advice for the next 12 hours.
- Drink plenty of water to help flush out toxins.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol or smoking; massage aims to aid the body’s natural detoxification process and these substances are counterproductive as they increase the levels of toxins in the body.
- Avoid eating heavy meals because blood is diverted to the gut to help with digestion. Digestion will divert energy away from the healing process. Eat light meals such as fruit and vegetables.
- Be aware of your posture.
- Rest as much as possible in order to assist the healing process.
- You may feel emotional, this is quite normal.
- You may experience a feeling of tiredness or fatigue following a treatment. In rare cases, headaches may follow. Increased urination is very likely after a Reiki treatment, make sure you stay well hydrated. In very rare cases flu-like symptoms (runny nose, coughing) may be experienced, but these will be temporary as the body re-balances itself. It will be replaced by a feeling of wellbeing!
Sharing is not caring. Massage of any kind should not be carried out on clients with fever, contagious or infectious diseases as it can exacerbate symptoms and leave you feeling worse. Colds and Flu should not be shared, please be kind and reschedule your appointment for a later date.
Due to current rising case numbers Covid-19 prevention measures are still in place. More information click here.
<a href="http://www.freepik.com">Designed by Harryarts / Freepik</a>